31st May 2019
This event was at Tonbridge, a very nice complex.
Not my best 1500m time, 5:08.8. I was put in the second race, which is division 2. The race started quite slow and I thought this was the case as it felt comfortable. 85 sec first lap, 85 sec second lap, 83 sec third lap then finish 300m 56 secs. Mild evening with a bit of a breeze.
I’d been away for a few days in the New Forest and only ran about 12 miles this week. I hadn’t eaten very healthily that week either.
- 29/5 – 4m; 1m WU + 2m tempo + 1m WD
- 27/5 – 40 minutes fairly easy (ave 7:46)
- 22/5 – 30 minutes medium (ave 7:45)
- 21/5 – Grass session; 4x1200m reps
- 20/5 – Pilates
- 19/5 – 70 minutes easy (ave 8:04)