As always, I set myself some targets for my running year. Some achievable, some a bit more challenging. So here are my running goals for the 2019.
- Run 1,000 miles in the year. Sound familiar? I’ve set this target for the past three years and missed out each time, mainly through injury. So this year I will try to be more consistent with my miles and remain injury free.
- Run sub 5 minute 1500m. I set this last year and was 4 seconds off so this year I’ll try again.
- Run a 5,000m PB. Again, my PBs were reset when I started running again, now they are on the internet, they are much easier to track. Currently it is 19:24 so within my grasp I think.
- Run at least five Parkruns. This is one of the best institutions this country has and a wonderful atmosphere on a Saturday morning, I should do more!
- Break 2:20 for 800m. I’ve decided to include this one, the race I ran 2:20:08 I was flying and I’m not sure I could get that again. However, with some proper speed training and a better diet I would like to think I could get close.
So keep an eye out for my progress, hopefully this year I can get better than 50%.